Tuesday 30 August 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Favourite Books on my classroom bookshelf 30/8/16



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over there at The Broke and the Bookish. I'd love to share my lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Over the years I have bought many many books from my classroom, far to many than I care to think about. I also get the opportunity to explore new releases with my class and that can be a real eye opener as a reader-great fun! I have just bestowed my collection of books on the group of year 6 teachers who are about to start the new school year with my most recent class, as it would have been a lot of money to have them shipped over here to the states with me! So here are those that have been favourites in to class over the years...

1. The Harry Potter Collection by JK Rowling-Of course! We loved reading the picture book too! 




2. Diary of. Wimpy Kid Collection by Jeff Kinney-they can't get enough of this! 




3. The Geek Girl Collection by Holly Smale, these books have been a hit with my classes since the first one was released and I brought it in! 




4. The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins, I own 8 copies of the first book, it was that popular! 




5. Wonder by RJ Palacio-it seems to be a rule that you have to be a fan of wonder to work with me!


 

6. The Secret Garden/Little Princess-I got a gorgeous version of both from Barnes and Noble and my kids really looked after them well! 




7. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green-when the film came out, so many of them read or re-read this and it was great having discussions with the about it and introducing them to Volg Brothers of course! 




8. The Darcy Burdock Series by Laura Dockrill, I read this one really really fast and Loud because that's how I think it should be read aloud! 




9. The Completely Cassidy Series by Tamsyn Murray, another one I read really quickly because Vassidy has so much energy and there's a puppy in it too! 




10. Anything by David Walliams, his books are never actually on my bookshelf, just like everything else here, they're always out on loan! 




There you have it, writing this makes me really kiss reading these and discussing them with all the kids I've worked with over the years-*sniff*




No comments:

Post a Comment