Tuesday 17 May 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books I Picked Up On A Whim 17/5/16



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over there at The Broke and the Bookish. I'd love to share my lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Sometimes impulse guys can go wrong but sometimes they can just be so right. Some of these I bought on impulse and some I got from the library. 

1. Notes from a Big Country, Bill Bryson. This turned into a total love affair with this author after getting this from the library. 



2. The Baby Group by Rowan Coleman. Part of a 3 for £10 in Asda one late night and I never looked back...


3. I Heart New York by Lindsey Kelk. This was free in a magazine so totally unexpected but totally brilliant! 


4. Watermelon by Marian Keyes, another one that was part of a multi buy before a long train journey in WhSmith!


5. I hadn't read anything by Danny Wallace before, I'd seen Yes Man the movie but Who is Tom Ditto had me in stitches when I listened to it last year! 


6. The Bookstore by Deborah Meyler. This was not an impulse purchase that paid off unfortunately! 


7. The Mummfesto by Linda Green. Another multibuy thing, loved the sound of the blurb and this book put me through all the feels, I feel like I've not shouted about this author enough recently! 


8. The Meryl Streep Movie Club by Mia March. I loved this audiobook so so much I just might have to listen to it again and I had heard nothing about it before using an audible credit on it! 


9. Ralph's Party by Lisa Jewell. This was another one that came to me in a magazine. I won't embarrass either of us by telling you how old I was when I first read this. One of the things I remember most about this was having to share very last word with my best freind at the time because I was convinced the characters were her boyfriend and his flatmate-oh how we over analysed! 



10. Holly Would Dream by Karen Quinn. I think this was another classic multibuy book. I never reviewed a lot of the books on here because they were pre-blogging days but I wish I had reviwed this one because I remember loving it so much! 









No comments:

Post a Comment