Monday 12 October 2015

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon Sign-up!

11999190_10155934214935618_2131257031_o

Its that time of year again,. time to setting down on the sofa with a big pot of coffee, a snuggly blanket and some nicely scented candles and read for 24 hours! I will, once again, be taking part on the Dewey's 24 hour readathon. This time, like in April, I won't be alone in the house so I'm sure it will prove interesting having someone else around, a distraction or someone to keep me awake-who knows!

'But you're so tired all of the time right now!' I( hear you cry. Well I will be preparing with some extra sleep beforehand and some sleep afterwards as well and I do intend to catch a few hours overnight as I have done in the past, I find this is the only way it will work for me. I think in April i slept for 6 hours but still managed some impressive reading stats. 

As you all know I've been really struggling to find time to read recently and so this is as much a necessity as anything else! But what you really want to know is what boooks I'll be reading right?

Well for the first part of the readathon, I'll be in the car so I will most probably be listening to The Road to Little Dribbling by Bill Bryson (some non-fiction to start the readathon with-yey!)


Then I will definitely be reading What we Left Behind by Robin Talley. I've been itching to get to this one and so this would seem like the perfect solution!



















Then I received a massive stack of books from the lovely people at the Romantic Novelists Association and so I should probably get round to reading a couple of these, here are my choices...


I think that if I manage to get through a couple of these as well, I'll be doing well because, as already mentioned, I'm super tired and we'll be getting into the last week of term too so I don't want to set my expectations too high!


I am, however, hoping to receive my copy of Shopaholic to the Rescue soon and so that may have to be on my TBR pile soon.



You might notice that I've only picked actu8al physical books, apart from the auduiobook which always features in my reading and that's because I've got a nice little holiday TBR lined up on my Kindle for my half term reading (don't worry I'm going to post about that nearer the time!)

So are you planning to take part in the readathon? What do you think of my TBR? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment