Tuesday 29 September 2015

Top Ten Tueday: Top Ten authors if You Like Marian Keyes 29/9/15




Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over there at The Broke and the Bookish. I'd love to share my lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Now if you're like me, you'll love Marian Keyes. I've always been a massive fan of hers and I've been lucky enough to meet her as well. She mixes funny writing with real life issues and does so in a completely blatantly honest way. Her books cover some dark stuff and also just all the stuff we have to deal with in life. I love her Irish sense if humour and so I've tried to have a think about other authors you should read if you enjoy a Marian Keyes novel... 

1. Lucy Robinson-hilarious but real! 




2. Miranda Dickinson-dealing with real life in an optimistic way! 




3. Rowan Coleman-covering things most of us don't dare write about but doing it brilliantly! 




4. Julie Cohen-snap! 




5. Mhairi Macfarlane-being funny but also kick-ass! 




6. Tracy Bloom-just telling it like it is, warts and all!




7. Claudia Carroll-more fabulous Irish humour! 




8. Lindsey Kelk-just brutally honest but so so funny! 




9. Jojo Moyes-puts a great spin on real life drama in such a beautiful way! 




10. liane Moraiarty-real life drama with a funny tal to tell




I hope you take these recommendations and read all of them because they're all definitely on the same page as Marian Keyes and no, it's not just a list of my favourite authors, there are so many more than this! 

2 comments:

  1. Then he walked away after a few of his friends came to visit for him. So I went back to my book. Then out of the corner of my eye, I used to be this guy running at me at full speed. even as he jumped at me I grabbed his shirt rolled back on the bed I used to be sitting on while also placing my foot in his stomach, if you want to know more visit shortstorycollections.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the great work going!Thank o much!
    BookYap

    ReplyDelete