Wednesday 8 July 2015

Review: Greedily Yours Episodes 2 and 3 by Emma Hamilton

Greedily Yours is a serial novel about the quest for top dishes ... with a dash of accidental love. 

Mia Maxwell loves food. She loves it so much that she's made it her career. On the surface Mia seems to have it all sewn up. She lives in trendy east London with her best friend. By day she runs her own food PR consultancy, and by night she's a food blogger enjoying a burgeoning audience. Mia has a banker boyfriend who enjoys travelling the world, enabling her to taste the globe's culinary delights. But Mia is still hungry and, when she heads down to Cornwall to run a food festival, she doesn't realize that her entire life is about to be cast adrift. 

Episode 2 of 8: Food and travel are two of Mia Maxwell's greatest passions. So when Mia's boyfriend invites her to Miami for his birthday, she jumps at the chance. But will a fortune teller's words and a mysterious man give her food for thought? 

Episode 3 of 8: Mia loves to try new things, so Vietnam is the perfect place for her to make some culinary discoveries. But is her boyfriend's refusal to leave his comfort zone going to be a hindrance to their holiday or add new spice to her life? 



Review: I loved episodes 2 and 3 of this serial just as much as episode one. One of the great things a bout these novellas is that they literally follow straight on from one another, so you don't have to catch yourself up with anything, you are just straight in on the action. So when I finish one, I know that I can move straight onto the next one and because they are realise every Monday AND Thursday, I never have to wait very long. It's like a really good series but without the wait factor, something that there's a definitely a gap in the market for! 

In terms of character development these books are also great. Mia is so easy to get along with I totally wish I shared a flat with her and her best freind Lizzie. Paul is definitely the villain of this series and I can't wait for him to get his comeuppance but the books wouldn't be the same without him! Tom is. A great character to read about too and I really love the way that his blog compliments Mia's blog. Incidentally this series also gives me motivation to blog more too! 

The food in the series is the only problem I have with it. There is so much mention of food and such beautiful description of dishes and ingredients, I find myself having to eat something as I read these instalments, thank goodness they don't take too long to read otherwise I'd be eating all of the time! (I'll have to make sure I have coffee on hand to read episode 4!) this isn't a major problem obviously but future readers should be warned that they should have something yummy to nibble on whisky devouring this series! I'm really enjoying these books so far and I can't wait to read the next installment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment