Tuesday 23 June 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: In honor of 5 years of Top Ten Tuesday My Ten FavoriteTop Ten Topics We've Ever Done In The Past 5 Years 23/6/15

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over there at The Broke and the Bookish. I'd love to share my lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Congratulations to The Broke and The Bookish for five years of Top Ten Tuesdays! I love doing this every week. I feel like it re-focuses my love of books when sometimes I can be feeling despondent with my blog or my reading and it reignites the love of the books I have previously read or want to read!

1. Top ten books I've read so far in_____ I love doing a top ten part way through the year, it gets me excited about all the fabulous books I've still got the read in the rest of the year!

2. Top ten resolutions for_____ Always I good one, its great to looks back at the goals towards the end of the year as well and see how many you've met or worked towards!

3. Top ten reasons I love being a blogger-this one again really re-focused my reading and blogging and reminded me why I take the time to do this. Why the early mornings and late nights are worth it!

4. Top ten popular authors I've never read-this was a great one because I then had something to tick off as I read them (I've done quite a few actually which I'm pretty proud of!)

5. Top ten favourite authors-this was a massively tough one and yes I had 14 not 10, but it was lovely to see the reactions from the authors themselves when they appeared on my list!

6. Top ten gateway books in my reading journey-this was a great reminiscing one. It was fab to think back to the books I read at various stages in my reading life. I think my reading journey, like a good book, has a bit of a three act structure. I'm about to begin another Judy Blume novel and she was a major player in my reading journey so it should come full circle again!

7. Top ten bookish things I'd like to own-I loved doing this one because I was allowed to go on the Internet and look at the bookish things I'm not normally allowed to look at!

8. Top ten covers-always a favourite of mine, I've done a couple of these with different themes and It's really fun looking at the things that so often drive us to buy the books in the first place!

9. Top ten new to me authors read in _____ I really enjoyed doing this one because it made me realise how many new authors I have discovered over the course of a year/ Its great to think how many new authors I've found and loved and the fact that I don't just read the same thing again and again!

19. Freebie weeks-I love these because they allow me to do whatever kind of top ten that I want and there's generally always one lurking around the periphery of my blogger mind so everyone loves being given a bit of freedom now and then.

Again a very happy anniversary to top ten Tuesday-here's to many more! Do you have any faourite top tens? Or can you think of any that I've done that you really enjoyed? I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment