Friday 13 March 2015

Review: Three Amazing Things About You by Jill Mansell

Hallie has a secret. She's in love. He's perfect for her in every way, but he's seriously out of bounds. And her friends aren't going to help her because what they do know is that Hallie doesn't have long to live. Time is running out...

Flo has a dilemma. She really likes Zander. But his scary sister won't be even faintly amused if she thinks Zander and Flo are becoming friends - let alone anything more.

Tasha has a problem. Her new boyfriend is the adventurous type. And she's afraid one of his adventures will go badly wrong.

THREE AMAZING THINGS ABOUT YOU begins as Hallie goes on a journey. A donor has been found and she's about to be given new lungs. But whose?




Review: I loved this book so much. This book made me feel warm and fuzzy and I found myself trying to read it just all of the time. Because I bought this book on audiobook, I was trying to sneak my headphones in anywhere and everywhere, trying to get myself stuck in traffic just so I could try and get this book finished, it seemed to get me out of a total reading slump. Now the only problem is that I'm going to have to read all of Jill Mansell's back catalogue! 

I was hooked into this right from the word go. This is another of those novels that has three fabulous characters all tied together somehow and it was wonderful trying to work out how they would all come together at the end. I loved the storyline of each of the characters, particularly Hallie's storyline although I felt the whole way through that each of them was going to have to go through some sort of tragedy...

Although there was bad news with each of the good thing that happened to these characters, this is by no means a book which is a real downer. There are a couple of moment where you might cry and a couple of tears of joy moments but overall it is totally a feel good novel. It has the perfect pace and the perfect balance of action for each character and these all add to the stuff that made me enjoy this book so much. 

I wasn't entirely sold on the settings but it is interesting to have a book set outside of London or New York for a change. I can't believe this is my first Jill Mansell novels, if they are all this good then I'm going to have to get some serious reading done, and soon! This book really did have it all for me, I loved the structure, the storyline and the characters. It had the perfect balance of feels and it should definitely be your next read! 

No comments:

Post a Comment