Sunday 7 December 2014

Letterbox Love #19



Welcome to Letterbox Love, this is a UK meme, hosted by the lovely Lynsey at Narratively Speaking and inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox. This post is a means by which to highlight the books we get in the post and beyond, and especially to bring attention to those books which may be sat on our shelves for a little while yet that we love all the same.

I've not posted a book haul in a while so there are probably a few ebooks and audiobooks that should be on here but I can't remember exactly when I got what. The majority of those that I've bought recently I've either already reviewed or else will be reviewing soon so look out for those in the next couple of weeks.

A couple of weeks ago, I popped up to Dudley to attend a Miranda Dickinson signing at Merry Hill shopping centre. I actually bought five copies of the fabulous I'll Take New York (even though I had read and reviewed the proof already). I have posted just my copy and the signed page because others were for presents so i don't want their recipients to see them!


Then this week I've been very lucky with books from Simon and Schuster. This gorgeous book came through the post on Thursday. The Two of Us by Andy Jones comes out in ebook book in February and it is already highly anticipated and much talked about. I am trying to clear a day in my schedule soon to properly enjoy this. I've been promised tears so I think I need to prepare myself!


I was invited along to the Books and the City xmas drinks with the Simon and Schuster folk on Thursday as well and the Lovely SJV brought me a bag of bookish fabulousness that included these gems. The Year of the Rat by Clare Furness, The Age of Miracles by Karen Thompson Walker, The Hurricane Sisters by Dorothea Benton Frank and I was Here by Gayle Forman which, as you know, I am very very excited to read!


Thank you so much to Simon and Schuster for being so generous with the book love this week, I'm looking forward to reading all of these! Now all I need is an extended period of time when I can kick back and relax with this gorgeous haul-my upcoming flight to Texas should do just the trick!






1 comment:

  1. I love the sound of The Two of Us! Let me know what you think when you read it :)

    ReplyDelete