Monday 17 November 2014

Review: Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher

Sophie May has a secret.
One that she's successfully kept for years. It's meant that she's had to give up her dreams of going to university and travelling the world to stay in her little village, living with her mum and working in the local teashop.
But then she meets the gorgeous Billy - an actor with ambitions to make it to the top. And when they fall in love, Sophie is whisked away from the comfort of her life into Billy's glamorous - but ruthless - world.
Their relationship throws Sophie right into the spotlight after years of shying away from attention. Can she handle the constant scrutiny that comes with being with Billy? And most of all, is she ready for her secret heartbreak to be discovered and shared with the nation?
Charming, heartwarming and utterly romantic, Billy and Me will completely capture your heart.



Review: aww this book was just so lovely and sweet and just such a good read. I listened to this novel on audiobook and it was such an enjoyable experience from start to finish. I normally only listen during the week on my way too and from work but I found myself listening anywhere and everywhere because I was just so into this book! It had all the elements of a good fairytale-girl meets a handsome (rich) man and is whisked off to live a glamorous lifestyle in the big city but things aren't all they're cracked up to be and of course there are secrets hidden in everyone's past!

I really liked Sophie as a character, just a normal girl doing her own thing. *I liked the fact that she was so independent and wanted to make things happen for herself, not just have everything given to her! I also loved the relationship that she had with her family and her friends. Billy is very cool too, although he is a celebrity he is grounded and he has such a sense of what is right and what is wrong, he's a real gentlemen when we are lacking so many in today's society! Molly is a wonderful character too. I wasn't as keen on the storyline that she had in this novel, but then the other characters all have great storylines so it's only fair really!

This novel has romance and tragedy but neither of this elements is rammed down your throat. I admit that I did cry but I also laughed and went aww at several moments. I have no idea where Giovanna Fletcher came up with the names of characters and films for this book, making them celebrities but not real celebrities, there is a hidden talent for thinking of glamorous sounding names right there! I literally don't have anything bad to say about this novel. If you don't lie sweet romantic storylines then perhaps this novel isn't for you but if you're l9ookin g for something to snuggle down with over these long winter nights, then this is definitely something you need to read now!

Plus there is the Christmas Billy and Me being released soon so... Giovanna Fletcher Marathon anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment