Tuesday 27 May 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Silhouetted Book Covers 27/5/14

Ytop
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over there at The Broke and the Bookish. I'd love to share my lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Funnily enough, I was discussing my book choices with a friend the other day and she commented on how a lot of books I own have similar covers. This is because though, I like a cover that looks like this. Clearly there is a trend for having a silhouetted cover on a wash type background but it's all good! So here are my top ten silhouetted covers! 

1. Three Little Words by Jessica Thompson. This book is sitting on my shelf because of the awesome London skyline silhouette on the cover. 


2. the Geography of you and me by Jennifer E Smith. Another gorgeous London skyline! 


3. It Felt Like a Kiss by Sarra Manning, and another one, awesome book too! 


4. Gifted and Talented by Wendy Holden, I love the academic cover of this book and can't wait to see how it reads! 


5. How We Met by Katy Regan. I was lucky enough to have this book bought for me as a gift, I love the cover and and I loved the story! 


6. Written in The Stars by Ali Harris, how lovely is them cover of Ali's new book??


7. I know it's kind of cheating having two by the same author, but she does have some lovely cover art on her novels! 


8. Both books by Giovanna Fletcher have had gorgeous covers but this one just pips Billy and Me by having a pink sky! 


9. Fractured by Dani Atkins. I love the light green back ground on this one and can't wait to read it! 


10. My so Calle Afterlife by Tamsyn Murray. I think the covers in this series are lovely and feature more silhouettes of the London skyline-ace! Plus my copy is signed by the lovely author making it even more special! 


So there you have it. I could have listed loads more and I've not actually read all of these so that's very very cool that I've got some of these to look forward to I do enjoy having them looking lovely on my shelves though. What do you think of these covers? Do your books follow a particular look or trend? Do you think it's difficult when all books look kind of similar?

Happy reading! 










No comments:

Post a Comment