Tuesday 22 April 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Characters Who Inspire Me 22/4/14

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over there at The Broke and the Bookish. I'd love to share my lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Wow, this is a dell one this week. There are a lot of ways characters in books can inspire you, they can be inspirational be user they've overcome something, they can inspire you to do something, or they can inspire you to change who you are. I've come across all of these kinds of characters and I'm going to try and include a balance of all of them for you. 

1. Nell from Take a Look at Me Now. She made a change in her life and really went for her goals-so inspirational! 



2. Gina from A hundred Pieces of Me. I doubt anyone would be able to read this book without feeling inspired by this survivor who is determined to sort out her life and move on. 



3. Cass from By My Side. She is another character who has something awful happen to her and yet she carries on and gets on with her life, love her, love ticket. 



4. Jo from Little Women. This inspiration goes way way back, i become obsessed with this book in early secondary school and wanted to be just like Jo, a tomboy who wrote great stories! 



5. Claire from the Memory Book. Even though she is losing her memory rapidly, she still wants to be a good wife, a good mother and a good daughter. I found her struggle and her remaining zest for life so inspirational! 



6. Emma from The Wish List by Jane Costello. I'm going to be thirty at the end of this year and this book inspired me to make my own wish list. 



7. Miss Honey from Matilada by Roald Dahl. She inspired me to be a good teacher, one who cared about her children and wanted the best for them. I am still striving to be a Miss Honey! 



8. Matilda from Matilda (can you tell this book had a big influence on me early on?) she loved reading and visiting her library. I wanted to be her and to have read all of the books in the library. I succeeded in listening to all of the audiobooks in my local library (how brilliant is it that children's audiobooks are still freed to borrow?) but I'm still trying to read all the books! 

9. Jo Bettany from The Chalet School Series by Elinor M Brent-Dyer. Another Jo, another tomboy and another one who was very independent and had a massive influence on me when I was younger! 



10. Hazel from The Fault in Our stars by John Green. She was inspirational because she was a teenager battling this massive disease. She had to lug an oxygen tank around and she had that relationship with Augustus Waters *sigh*



So there you have my list, a nice balance, but you'll notice they're all women! I didn't consciously do that, I just find women in fiction very inspirational clearly! Let me know what you put on your list. 

Happy reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment