Sunday 20 April 2014

Letterbox Love #7



Welcome to Letterbox Love, this is a UK meme, hosted by the lovely Lynsey at Narratively Speaking and inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox. This post is a means by which to highlight the books we get in the post and beyond, and especially to bring attention to those books which may be sat on our shelves for a little while yet that we love all the same.

Since it is Easter Sunday, that means that Lent is over and this weekend I have been shopping for a couple of books. I have also received a book from Book Bridgr and downloaded a couple of audiobooks and Ebooks (I've been a busy blogger yes!)

I'll start with the audiobooks. This week I've downloaded a couple of audiobooks since there was a bit of a Sale over the Easter period. I downloaded The Last Little Blue Envelope by Maureeen Jonson. I've been waiting for this one to come down in price since I read the first book in the duet! I also downloaded The Edge of Never by J. Redmerski. I'm looking forward to listening to both of these! 




I also downloaded a couple of Ebooks. I download Trouble by Non Pratt and Butter by Erin Lange. I'm already a decent chunk into Trouble and Butter just sounds so intriguing, I couldn't NOT get it! 





I also downloaded The Corridor by Vic Neal and The Sentinel by Holly Martin. Both of these were free on Kindle! 




I received a copy of Buzzing Easter Bunnies by Author Nick Spalding. I have quite a collection of his novels on my kindle now so I'm looking forward to reading and reviewing this novella over the Easter e weekend! 




From Netgally this Easter I have download Written in The Stars by Ali Harris, The Beekepers Daughter by Santa Montefiore and Another Night Another Day by Sarah Rayner. I can't wait to read all of these and get a review up closer to publication date-keep an eye out for these great summer reads! 





On audiobook this week I bought Humans by Matt Haig, With All My Love by Patricia Scanlan and One Moment, On Morning by Sarah Rayner. I love listening to audiobooks on my commute and so these will keep my company over the next few weeks! 




From the library on Audiobook I got Secrets of The Lighthouse by Santa Montefiore, having herd her talk about this book, I had to read it and I had a long journey up north coming up so I decided to grab the audiobook when I saw that the had it, look out for a review of this soon! 




I also got Spare Brides by Adele Parks, Turning Thirty by Mike Gayle and Shiver by Maggie Steifvater. Looking forward to getting round to these beauties! 






Books I bought this week included Operation Sunshine and Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend by Jenny Colgan, Hens Reunited by Lucy Diamond, Forever by Maggie Steifvater and Truly Madly Deeply, a romantic anthology from various fabulous Authors. 




I was also lucky enough to receive Things we Never Say by Sheila O Flanigan this week from Book Bridgr so thank you very much to Frances for sending that out to me! 



A bit of a bumper haul but that always happens during the school holidays when I actually have time to shop. Let me know what you got this week and if you think there's anything I should read first! 

3 comments:

  1. I published the comment above and it looks like such a sucky comment- I'm sorry! I regretted it immediately... I particularly can't wait to read Jenny Colgan's delights. Her writing makes me feel so warm! I also can't wait for Ali Harris's Written in the Stars. The front cover is gorgeous! Trouble also looks awesome and is on my to be read list!

    There we go- a bit more of an informative comment :') Have a fab day!

    thegirlinthemoonlight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Written in the Stars sounds great. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete