Tuesday 4 March 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Popular Authors I've Never Read

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because they are particularly fond of lists over there at The Broke and the Bookish. I'd love to share my lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

This is an interesting one. There are, of course, very popular authors who are a massive hit but write books in a genre that I don't really read. There are also authors who I've never read who write chick-lit novels and YA/NA authors I've never read. This might be fixed by my author marathoning months, but there are definitely some I need to get onto. I'm not going to explain why I haven't read them, just give you a list of those i haven't read. So here is my top ten... 

1. Ian Banks

2. Jill Mansell

3. Carole Matthews

4. Lucy Dillon

5. David Levithan

6. Rainbow Rowell

7. Coleen Hoover

8. Sylvia Day

9. Sarah Dessen

10. Lauren Oliver

I think I own something by all of these authors, in fact, more than one thing in most cases. I haven't read anything by them however. Perhaps you have a suggesting of which I should start with, or which title I MUST read? Let me know in the comments below and leave me a link to your Top Ten. 

5 comments:

  1. This weeks lists are so eye opening. I have never even heard of anyone on your list :D kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower here! Hi! :)

    I wanted to let you know that I nominated your vlog for the Liebster Award. You can read details about your nomination here. (My apologies if you've been nominated in the past -- I didn't see anything on your blog.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow, I've actually done one before, a while ago...

      Delete
  3. I have never read Sarah Dessen either. I can't make up my mind on her books. They sound somewhat interesting but I am really picky about contemporaries. Here’s my TTT .

    ReplyDelete