Sunday 9 March 2014

Letterbox Love #5



Welcome to Letterbox Love, this is a UK meme, hosted by the lovely Lynsey at Narratively Speaking and inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox. This post is a means by which to highlight the books we get in the post and beyond, and especially to bring attention to those books which may be sat on our shelves for a little while yet that we love all the same.

I've received a couple of books this week and so I want to tell you about those. I also got some books from the library that link to last weeks book haul and so wanted to highlight those for you. 

I received a copy of Bad Brides by Rebecca Chance. I heard this author reading from this, her latest novel, on Wednesday night at Brixton Library and I will be bringing you a write up of that event tomorrow, but it made me really keen to get on to this one. Rebecca Chance is also one of my featured authors for author marathoning March so this will add to my collection of her novels that I already have.

 

I was also lucky enough to be given a copy of My So Called Afterlife by Tamsyn Murray. Not only that, but she signed my copy for me too, and in glitter pen! I now have the first two books in the YA trilogy that she wrote and will try and get around to reading and reviewing that for you very soon! 




I went to the library on Friday because last week I bought Finding Sky on audiobook and loved it lots (review coming soon) and so I popped down to the library to buy the next two books in the series. That way when the next book, which is a kind of spin off comes out soon, I will be all prepared and ready to go. I think I may have to add Joss Stirling to my authors to marathon! 

     
   

   

Finally, it was World Book Day this week and so I went and spent my World Book Day toke from school on the Maureen Johnson title. It looks very different from their previous titles and so im intrigued to see what it's all about. It looks like a nice short title so you can look forward to a review of that soon as well! 




What titles did you get this week? Have to read any of the books in this post? What do you think of my haul? Let me know and have a great week! 

1 comment:

  1. Great books this one! The Rebecca Chance looks quite good, and I've been meaning to read more Joss Stirling since the OUP event. Happy reading :-)

    ReplyDelete