Friday 21 March 2014

Guest review: The Perfect Match by Katie Fforde

It's a sad fact that my mum read this book faster than I could and so she sent me a lovely review of this gorgeous new hardback from Katie Fforde. When I get round to reading the rest of this novel, you'll have a review from me too I'm sure. But for now I'll give you her review (I think she quite liked it!)

Three years ago Bella Castle left her home town nursing a broken heart over Dominic Thane, the man she fell in love with but couldn't have .


Now she's made a new life for herself in the country, working as an estate agent.



Bella loves her job and she loves her boyfriend Nevil. But recently he's been preoccupied, and she's starting to question if his future hopes and dreams are a perfect match for hers.



And when Dominic turns up unexpectedly in search of his dream house, she begins to wonder if home is really where the heart is. But she's over him, isn't she?




Review: Wow, what a great book this is!  It had me hooked and reeled in right from page 1.  The talented Katie Fforde has provided us with all we could want within these pages.  There is romance, intrigue, likeable characters, great-sounding houses and gardens, and even a trip to an exotic foreign land. I couldn’t wait to see where the storyline was going to go next.

The central character in the story, Bella, is an estate agent who is dedicated to helping her clients to find their ideal homes; she is very perceptive, and lends a hand in other ways as well. I felt sure that I would be in safe hands if she was trying to find me my perfect residence.  She is in a relationship with someone not quite so caring - in fact,seemingly quite unsuitable.  She seems to deserve so much better.

The main character’s story is intertwined skilfully with those of two olderfemale friends, giving the reader some added interest that is still relevant to Bella’s tale. It was unusual and refreshing that one of these storylines followed a romance developing between one of these older women and a younger man.  It reminds us that people can fall in love at any age, not just when you are young.

Katie Ffforde fans are sure to love this new novel.  For those unfamiliar with her books, this would make a great introduction.  It is easy to read, virtually impossible to put down, and almost guaranteed to leave you with a smile on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment