Sunday 2 February 2014

Letterbox Love #2



Welcome to Letterbox Love, this is a UK meme, hosted by the lovely Lynsey at Narratively Speaking and inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox. This post is a means by which to highlight the books we get in the post and beyond, and especially to bring attention to those books which may be sat on our shelves for a little while yet that we love all the same.

This is going to be a big one. I've been a little bit naughty with the book shopping in the last couple of weeks and I've also been to a few bookish events so have got seem lovely books from publishers. Without further ado here is my book haul over the past could of weeks...

I rehcieved these books for review this week... The Memory Book by Rowan Coleman and How to Get A Love Life by Rosie Blake. I've actually read both of these already so I can tell you they're both fab. I reviewed the Memory Book this week and will review How To Get A (Love) Life next week.



I've been very lucky to go to several awesome book events this week. If you saw my post yesterday, you,l see that I got lots of books at the Random House Blogger Brunch. I received Bird by Crystal Chan, Running Girl by Simon Mason, The Name On Your Wrist by Helen Hiorns and Echo Boy by Matt Haig which I got signed...


I then returned to Random House on Thursday for an evening of YA crime! There I met authors Helen Grant, Simon Mason, Jane Casey and Niall Leonard. I received copies of their books Silent Saturday, Running Girl, How to Fall and Crusher, which I got signed too. It was a really interesting evening and I think I'm going t push myself to try and brunch out further into the crime/detective genre because all of these books sounded great! 


The final bookish event of the week was the Launch of Storm and Stone by Joss Stirling and Who Framed Klaris Cliff by Nicki Sheehan. I'd already received proofs of these novels which I featured in a previous book hall but we got the dual copies at this event and I was able to get them signed too! We were also lucky enough to receive a goody bag with two other proofs in, which looks really good; Replica by Jack Heath and The Private Blog of Joe Cowley by Ben Davis. I, very excited to read the latter as I've had a Flick through and it looks hilarious! 


I attended the final event with Kerrie from Read and Repeat and she gave me a copy of Della Says OMG by Keris Stainton. I'm very grateful to her for giving me this because I have another two by this author sitting on my shelf so now I can marathon them! 


I was a bit naughty in that before and after these bookish events indie a bit of book shopping, they just inspire me to buy books so here are the books I bought this week...

I bought Anna and The French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door both by Stephanie Perkins. You know how long these fab books have been on my Wishlist/Christmas list/birthday list for so it'll be no surprise that post-Christmas/birthday I decided to splurge and ge them! 



Before the Launch of How to Get a Love life I bought Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell and How They Met by David Levithan.


After the Random house Crime event I popped into Tescos and bought it Felt Like a Kiss by Sarra Manning, which I already have on ebook but really wanted a physical copy, Ten Things I've Learnt About Love by Sarah Butler and Just A Hirl Sandin In Front of A Biy by Lucy-Anne Homes.


I also popped to Sainsburys after by day spent with Miranda Dickinson and a few books may have fallen into my basket there.... I got West End Girls by Jenny Colgan (can't believe I haven't read this yet as I love love love this author) Good Husband Material may Trisha Ashely which has been on my Wishlist for a while and Secrets of the Tides by Hannah Richell. I loved The Shadow Year by Hannah and so I really wante to grab a copy of this and Sainburys had a great book offer on...


I may have snuck a couple of Ebooks onto my kindle this week too but I won't be reading those for a while because February is all about the paperbacks for me! 

Let me know what you think of my massive haul or if you've read any of those, and let me know what you got this week to add to your book shelves! 














1 comment: