Wednesday 27 November 2013

Mini Review: The Arcade Episode 11

It's November and the Arcade tenants have got problems. Tamara Van de Beur is getting silent calls, her son, Cartier, has women trouble and Danny Huxley's ex is proving thornier than the roses he sells in his shop. For Magnus and Faith, it looks like their romance might be over before it's really begun. But with the jangle of a shop bell, they're all about to learn what heartache really is...


Angell's Arcade's is about to enter its darkest hour. What they need is a hero...and an awful lot of luck.


Review: wow the arcade just got a bit darker! Anyone who knows me will know that I am a massive fan of this monthly serial, and when I was to.d that this months episode was the most explosive yet, I couldn't wait to find out. I had concerns, however that some terrible event might occur,and I was right. I certainly won't be giving away any spoilers, but this kind of thing should be on the television, there's so much drama this month! If this were a soap, this would be the one shown on Christmas Day. Pulling in masses of viewing figures! 

This months features just about all of the characters, so that was the first aspect I enjoyed, how these writers managed to fit in everyone into just a small number of pages I don't know. Everyone seemed to come into their own in this episode too, faith having to use her paramedic skills once again, Jason having to use his SAS training, and Cartier having to use his skills at charming people to their full advantage. Rosa pops back into this one too, it's been a whilst since we saw her and it was good to catch up with her, Danny and Rachael! Even Joan makes a special appearance in this months instalment, a rare occurrence! 

The storyline itself was like some big Hollywood blockbuster, and believe me, you were kept guessing right up until the last moment, not knowing how everything was going to be resolved. As usual, not everything is resolved and there is that infuriating 'To be continued...' At the end as there is at the end of every months episode, this months though it seemed every more taunting that usual. Needless to say, I am very excited to read next months episode, and am glad I waited until it was released until I read this one, we may finally get to find out who the father of Marilyn's baby is! 

This months episode of the arcade was a real treat, definitely not for the faint hearted, but a must for all followers of the series! I can't wait for next months. If you haven't begun to read this monthly serial, it's not too late! You can download them all now, and they're a steal for a lunchtime read. I really hope that this series continues next year, and perhaps an omnibus for Christmas is still on the cards... Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment