Thursday 3 October 2013

The Leibster Award



I was really pleased that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award by Both Sam at The Book Corner and Emma at Chicklit vs Fantasy so I will endeavour to answer both of their sets of questions-why not!

So what is the Liebster Award?

The idea behind the award is to give new and upcoming bloggers the opportunity to build their community and get to know one another. It’s the perfect way to meet new people and let them find out some interesting facts about you.

Here’s some rules:
1. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer;
2. Nominate some other bloggers!
3. Let them know!

These are the questions I was asked by Sam:

1. What book have you had on yourself for what feels like years but never got round to reading?

Dawn French's autobiography 

2. Which book would you recommend everyone to read at least once in their life?

Has to be One Day, always always One Day! 

3. Who is your favourite book character?

I love Becky Bloomwood-I mean who doesn't but the new girl coming up close behind her has got to be Harriet Manners from Geek Girl! 

4. If you could only ever read one more book what would you choose? 

Wow SUCH a hard question! I am desperate to read the new Scarlet Bailey because she write such lovely Christmas novels and is just a gorgeous yummy person so I think that even though I haven't read it yet! 

5. How many books do you have on your TBR pile?

I have no idea, this week? Like 2, this month? TONS! 

6. Which book that features travel has made you want to visit that place?

Eat Pray Love made me want to visit Naples, still haven't done it though! 

7. Where do you love to read?

In the bath, in Starbucks or in my chair at home! 

8. Have you ever started a book and not finished it? If so what was it?

I totally couldn't finish Julie and Julia which I strange because it has all the right qualities and I have the DVD and love that ( I read the book first of course!) there have been others too...

9. If you could have any book made into a film what would it be?

I would love The Naughty Girls Book Club by Sophie Hart to be made into a film, or maybe a TV show, where every book had its own episode...

10. Would you ever attempt to write a book?

Yes, I'm going to attempt to write SOMETHING next month actually, thanks for asking! 

Ok now for Emma's questions... 
Who is your favourite author and why?
I'd have to say Rowan Coleman, I've loved everything she has written, she is so versatile and she is a lovely lovely person! 
 
Who is your favourite book boyfriend?
I have to pick just one? Ok I'm going to go for Dave from The Greatest Love Story of All Time by Lucy Robinson. He's a Glaswegian heartthrob who I definitely would fancy in real life! 

What’s your favourite place in the world?
Glasgow

Where do you love to read?
As above! 

You can only read 3 books for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Bridget Jones's Diary, One Day and The Accidental Mother

What is your favourite drink (alcoholic and non)?
Alcoholic: a Manhatten Non Alcholoic: a tie between coffee and diet coke- caffeine!!!

What’s your comfort food?
Hmmm.... Macaroni cheese is what I turn to when I'm I'll...

If you have had a bad day what do you do to cheer yourself up?
I would find someone to give me a hug, take myself for a coffee and a read and maybe buy myself something like socks or earrings, nothing too extravagant that ill regret when I'm feeling better...
What is your favourite picture?
I have a photo of my lounge of The Clyde Arc in Glasgow (known as The Squinty Bridge) and its black and white with the bridge lit up in pink-I love it! 
What is your most prized possession?
Hmm that's hard... I'm proud that I can afford my flat and I love my iPad but I would have to say my pets are the things I would treasure most...

My nominations are:

Kerrie at Read and Repeat

Debbie at Snuggling on the Sofa

Kirsty at Love of a Good Book

Natalie at my flutterby books

Kev at I heart Chick Lit

And here are my questions for them:

1. How many books do you read at a time?
2. What is your favourite genre?
3. Does it bother you if a book is made into a movie and you see the movie first?
4. Do you prefer kindle/paperback/hardback or audiobook?
5. What was the last book (if any) that made you cry and why?
6. Which book was the biggest disappointment to you?
7. Do you read in your lunch break?
8. What do you do with your books when you've finished with them?
9. Do you prefer long or short chapters?
10. What would be your ultimate book recommendation for me?




No comments:

Post a Comment