Tuesday 30 July 2013

New Adult Redathon Round Up

Normally I do a Top Ten Tuesday in this slot every week but I really wasn't inspired by this weeks topic and so I decided I would do my new adult Readathon end post instead!

Well unfortunately illness and work stopped me from reading as much as I had hoped to this week. I didn't read all three books that I originally intended on reading, but I did complete two New Adult Books during the week (as well as a cheeky chick-lit novella snuck in there).



I completed on Dublin Street by Samantha Young, which I will also be discussing during the twitter book club tonight, at 7:30pm on twitter, hosted by Sophie Hart, so I was pleased I managed to finish that one. I hope to post my  review tomorrow, and you can see what I thought of it! The really great thing is that if it hasn't been for the readathon, I'm not sure when I would've actually got round to reading the book, so that was really great!



The other book that I managed to complete during the week was Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines. Now this one has been on my kindle for aaaaaaaaages (since Kerrie at Read and Repeat recommended it to me) and I needed the push of the readathon to actually get it it. It really didn't take me long to read at all in the end and I enjoyed it. Again I'll get the review posted as soon as I can, so you can see my full thoughts on the book as a whole.

I thought all of the mini challenges and activities going on during the readathon week were really good, so thanks to those bloggers who organised those. I actually eneded up winning an ebook of The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski and also an ebook of Slammed by Coleen Hoover, which was very excited, thanks very much to Krista at Krista's Dust jacket for those! 

This was my first readathon, and whilst it didn't have the best of timing for me, I would definitely take part in another one because it pushed me to read a certain kind of book, and it was interesting to see what other people were reading and how they were getting on in their goals. Thank you to Faye for getting me involved!  

No comments:

Post a Comment