Friday 21 June 2013

Letterbox Love #2



Welcome to Letterbox Love, this is a UK meme, hosted by the lovely Lynsey at Narratively Speaking and inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox. This post is a means by which to highlight the books we get in the post and beyond, and especially to bring attention to those books which may be sat on our shelves for a little while yet that we love all the same.

I've had such a good book haul over the past code of the weeks, I thought I would save it all up for another Letterbox Love! 

I've been sent two books by some lovely publicists this week, these were Noble Conflict by Malorie Blackman and The Shadow Year by  Hannah Richell. Am looking forward to reading both of these because I've heard great things about them!



I've been quite active on NetGalley this week too. I've downloaded some FAB books on there which I'm going to review very soon. I was intrigued to read Longbourn by Jo Baker, have heard fab things about Save the Date by Allie Spencer so I'm looking forward to reading both of these. I also downloaded The Humans by Matt Haig and The Desperate Wife's Survival Plan by Alison Sherlock which both looked like fun! 







I went to a book launch this week and got a signed copy of I'm Dougal Trump...Where's my Tarantula? By Jackie Marchant. I'm looking forward to having a nice break whilst I read this one. I may share it with some of the kids at school. Look out for the review of this soon, and pictures of the launch!


With my audiobook credit this month, I decided to download By My Side by Alice Peterson. I'm really looking forward to listening to this one as I have loved all of this authors other novels! 


So all of these fabulous review copies and downloads has also led to be buying more books...there's no surprise there I'm sure! Revenge wears Prada was released this week, so I got myself a copy of that. I also picked up The Runaway Princes by Hester Browne because id heard good things about it on Twitter and Bared to You by Sylvia Day after having had lots of people tell me to read it. Another one I had heard a lot about on Twitter was Love from Both Sides by Nick Spalding. 





This might seem like a lot of books to be going on with, but I've got the summer holidays coming up soon, so I know I'm going to have plenty of time to get through them all. If you'd like to hear what I think about any of them, pop back to the blog soon to see the reviews, or if there's anything you have a burning desire to find out about, just let me know and I'll try and get to that one next! 

Thanks to everyone who has sent me books this week and also thanks for all the recommendations! 

1 comment:

  1. Great book haul there! I really hope you love Noble Conflict.

    ReplyDelete